Varied and balanced diet is the basis for a healthy life. Already the philosopher Feuerbach stated “we are what we eat”: in fact, inadequate nutrition, as well as affecting the psychological and physical health, is one of the main risk factors for the onset of many chronic diseases. According to the World Health Organization, approximately 1/3 of cardiovascular disease and cancer could be avoided through a balanced and healthy diet.
That’s why it is important to pay attention to what we eat in order to live better.
Here are some simple solutions:
- follow a varied diet, without excluding any type of food
- increase the use of vegetables, fruits, legumes and cereals
- limit the use of sugar
- consume the right amount of fat (without deleting them) favoring the omega 3 and omega 6
- limit use of salt
- ensure the water requirement necessary to maintain proper hydration organism
- limit alcohol, which in addition to being harmful to the health of the organs, is also an important source of calories, without making any nutritional benefit
- make a regular aerobic physical activity (brisk walking, cycling, swimming, dancing …) at least 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week